I got the rear window back in last night which is a huge relief - I have been so nervous of accidentally breaking it when it was off the car.
All that remains before the WOF (Kiwi MOT) is:
1) One main beam unit has died - not sure if it's connections or a failure.
2) Fit replacement washer pump and replumb
3) tune the carbs
4) reassemble the remaining 3 doors that haven`t been done yet
Additional jobs to complete the resto:
1) Fit Facet fuel pump
2) Fit cant rails / windscreen finishers / side trims
3) Major clean of the interior
4) New carpet set.
5) Flat / polish 2 wings and 1 door.
6) new rubber seals for b post and rear wing to doors.
7) Front and back seals on the engine - this may escalate to a full engine rebuild, just don`t tell the Mrs!
Thanks everyone for your support.
Great work there James, just been reading through your thread. I feel its always nicer if you can turn your hand at achieving a job. It gives you that good feeling of knowing you done it yourself. One of my sayings is "its better than it was" may not be upto the pros standards yet but you can only get better with practice
. Look forward to seeing it back together and on the road again...